Thursday 30 May 2013

INDIA: Pastor Beaten During Church Service



Prayer Bulletin date:  May 29th, 2013

A pastor in Uttar Pradesh state was recently attacked during a church
service. Near the end of the service, a group of Hindu men tied Pastor
"Caleb" to a tree and beat him. The attackers, who apparently were directed by Hindu leaders in the village, broke Pastor Caleb's arm during the beating.

Pastor Caleb's church had been threatened in the past by high caste
families. It is understood that about five Christian families who have faithfully remained with the church had angered villagers by refusing to offer a gift to a Hindu goddess. A group from the village also became angry when the Christian families refused to help with the wedding of a high caste family's daughter.

Despite the recent attack, Pastor "Caleb" plans to continue his ministry in this volatile community. VOM partners are helping to provide him with medical treatment and are urging police to prosecute the attackers.

VOM Sources

Please Pray!

Pray that Pastor "Caleb" will recover quickly - physically, emotionally and spiritually. Pray for the safety of all Christians in the village and that the attackers will come to saving faith in Christ
.
"In You, O Lord, I put my trust; let me never be put to shame. Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man." Ps. 71:1-4

VOM assists Christians in India through the Families of Martyrs fund, the Participating with Strategic Partners program and Bibles Unbound.

http://www.persecution.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.