Friday 2 August 2013

VIETNAM: New Believers Pressured to Renounce Faith

http://www.be-a-voice.net/


Bulletin Date: 31 July 2013



A young couple who accepted Christ last month have been beaten and
threatened by officials, according to a VOM worker. Local authorities hit the wife on the face with a stick and threatened to take the couple's land and home if they refuse to renounce Christianity and return to Buddhism.

The wife fears further beatings, and the husband is afraid they will lose their land and have no way of supporting their family. The couple, who survive through subsistence farming, have three boys aged 10, 12 and 14. Their pastor is trying to help, but he lives 15 miles away in another village.

VOM Sources

Please Pray!





Please pray for the protection and provision of this family and that they will stand firm in their faith. Pray for the salvation of the local officials.

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." Ps. 62:5-8

VOM assists believers in Vietnam by providing Bibles, shortwave radios, Christian literature and support for families of prisoners, among other means of assistance.

http://www.persecution.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.