Thursday 17 January 2013

Prayer Alert: Younis Masih's Life Sentence for Blasphemy Heard in Court Tomorrow!

Pakistan Christian Younis Masih is scheduled to have his appeal against a life sentence for blasphemy heard in court tomorrow. The Punjabi father-of-four has been detained since November 2005 – after asking local Muslims to reduce noise levels during their worship. Younis is still recovering from a heart attack last week which caused him to be hospitalised. Continue to pray God's protection over him, his family and Release partners supporting them: some fear that Younis may be at greater risk of attack from extremists while he is in hospital. 
 
(Source: Release partners)



Younis Masih, a Christian father of four, is serving a death sentence in Pakistan for blasphemy & suffered a serious heart attack,  according to Release International's prayer alert on 8 January 2013.

Younis, who is detained in a jail in northern Punjab, was transferred to a civilian hospital. His wife, Meena, and their children live nine hours' drive away from the prison, which has made visiting hard since his transfer there in July. Meena featured in our DVD, Pray for Pakistan.

Younis has been in jail for more than seven years. He was detained in November 2005 after a Muslim cleric accused him of making derogatory remarks about Islam's prophet, Mohammed. Younis's supporters say he was falsely accused after asking those attending an Islamic religious ceremony in his neighbourhood to make less noise.

Release partners are concerned that Younis could be at greater risk of attack from Islamist extremists while he is in hospital – and have gone immediately to try to visit him. They are also handling his appeal against the death sentence. A court hearing has been set for January 17.

(Source: Release partners)




But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.
(Micah 7: 7-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.